Typical Tasks' Solutions
1. Creating absolutely new report.
Click Create Report button.
Specify data source. Select a database and specify data set (table name or SQL statement). Click Next.
Select fields of the data source, for which you wish to automatically create headers, data showing objects and totals expressions. Note, that unselected fields will still available for you later, when you will edit the created report. Click Next.
Select other options (if you wish) and click Finish.
2. Creating new report from existing one.
In list of report templates, select a template, from which you wish to derive the new template. Choose Report | Save As... and specify file name for the new report template. There is also an alternative way, such as choosing Report | Save Template As... in Report Builder window.
1. When creating new report, check Add Page Totals option at the last step. All objects will be created automatically for each numeric field of data source. Then in Report Builder you will be able to remove the objects for those columns, for which you don't want to show the page totals, as well as to add new such objects.
2. To modify an existing report, choose Report Builder page. Mark with check Page Totals band in report tree to make it visible. Place Expression objects on it. Call expression editor (button '...' in object properties table). In the editor select SUM from the function list, field from the field list and click Add button (which near the function list). Then click OK. In Object Inspector, specify value 'Page' for Aggregation Range property. Repeat this procedure for all columns, for which you wish to add expressions.
Click Preview. In preview, click Print, select print options and click OK.
1. When creating new report with grouping records, be sure you choose correct sorting in your dataset. At the last step, choose Grouping Records page and specify grouping expression. Grouping expression calculated each time the new record of data source passed. When the result of the expression is changed, the current group is ended and a new one is started. When the group starts, Group Header band is outputted (if visible). When the group ends, Group Footer band is outputted (if visible).
2. To modify an existing report, choose Report Builder page. In report tree, select Report to see the report properties. Specify grouping expression (call expression editor (button '...'), select needed field from the field list and click Add, and then click OK).
Check groping sections in report tree to make them visible. Place desired objects on them.
Example of report template with grouping is included in the program installation (file groups.dtt).
Prepare a simple table looked report. Table looked report means report with a structure, that maximally close to table. Go to preview mode. In preview, click 'Save report' button and choose needed export format. Then specify a file name and click Save.
To email report, select needed report in main window and choose Report | Email.
To email current report page from preview window, click 'Save report' button and choose 'Email picture'.
In both cases, the program will launch your default mail program and pass the corresponding file as parameter.
If your mail recipient needs exact copy of your report, but does not have the database access, you may save the report as static report and email it. To view such a file, the recipient will need to have report viewnig program only (Reportizer or Reportizer Viewer) and will not need to have the database connection.